I have nearly thirty years experience as a psychotherapist. I have mostly worked within the NHS but I have also worked for Relate, both Nottingham universities, voluntary organisations and large corporations.
Compassion and empathy form the essence of my therapeutic approach. I take a non-judgmental stance and treat all of my clients with respect and honesty.
I offer therapy for:
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Low self-confidence and self-esteem
- Adjustment to life changes
- Relationship issues (including couples counselling)
- Gender and sexual identity issues
- Autistic spectrum conditions (Asperger Syndrome)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Complex trauma
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Managing chronic illness
- Pain management
- Stress management
- Domestic abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Eating disorders
I am fully accredited by the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) and the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and adhere to the BABCP Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics and the BACP Ethical Framework.
I have the appropriate professional insurance to cover all of my work as a therapist, supervisor and trainer, and I have regular clinical supervision.
- MSc in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Postgraduate Diploma in Relationship Therapy (Psychosexual Therapy)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling
- Relate Certificate in Marital and Couple Counselling
- Trained and experienced teacher of Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
- Trained and experienced practitioner of Solution-Focused Brief Therapy
- Trained and experienced practitioner of Compassion-Focused Therapy